General - Electron Beam Welding provides consistent weld size and high joint strength. Welding of thick to thin material and dissimilar metals is easily accomplished. EB welding permits joining of reactive and refractive materials. Materials considered difficult to weld by conventional processes may often be welded using the EB welding process. EB welding is able to achieve deep penetration, narrow welds providing low distortion. The narrow heat affected zone (HAZ) allows joining parts in the finished or near finished shape. Heat sensitive parts benefit from the low overall heat input.
Specific - ATCo's specialty is working with the customer to develop the best method for joining of difficult to weld and/or complex hardware. ATCo utilizes high voltage style electron beam welders which permit a narrower beam profile and lower distortion than low voltage style machines. ATCo is vertically integrated; self sufficient in developing tooling, maintaining equipment, determining processing and handling final inspection.
WHY CHOOSE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY CO?
ATCo's wide range of equipment, with multi-part positioners, allows high volume, cost-effective welding.
- Various chamber extensions permit welding of very long parts, over 200 inches.
- Large diameter parts, can be handled in two different welders.
- One of the most experienced EB welding facilities in the U.S.
- Over 40 years of experience.
- AC7110/3 Nadcap Accredited Electron Beam Welding
- We are an approved vendor for Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Parker Hannifin, Hughes, Allied Signal, etc.
ATCo has a complete range of support services to complement its EB activity - a partial list is:
- Pre weld and post weld machining
- Helium leak testing
- Metallographic inspection
- Heat Treating / Stress Relieving
- Tooling design and manufacture
- Design assistance
MATERIALS PROCESSED/TYPICAL APPLICATIONS
Materials - The following is a list of typical metals that ATCo has processed:
- Aluminum Alloys
- Stainless Steel & Precipitation Hardening Alloys
- Low & High Alloy Steels
- Nickel & Cobalt Alloys
- Titanium Alloys
- Copper Alloys
- Refractory Metals
AC7110/3 Nadcap Audit Criteria for Electron Beam Welding
Advanced Technology Co. - 2858 E. Walnut St Pasadena CA 91107 - (626) 449-2696